- Use the API Key that was emailed to you when you signed up to authenticate every request you send to the API.
- Without it you only have access to a tiny amount of data in a random order, and cannot upload, vote or favourite.
- You can send your API Key as a header or a query parameter
- The best & most secure way to send it
- Set your API Key as the x-api-key header on evey request.
- e.g headers[“x-api-key”] = "ABC123"
- The least secure way, and not advisable unless there is no other way.
- Intended for use in IoT use-cases & backwards compatibility
- Pass as the api_key query parameter
- e.g. https://thedogapi.com/v1/images?api_key=ABC123